LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Friday, April 30, 2010

Give Me Liberty



As you know, the Yankee and I have been busily participating in antiques and collectibles shows around North Carolina. 

It has been rather interesting to note how each show has had its own distinct personality–created by the type of goods being sold and the particular venue of the show.


The first thing you'll notice about the show we attended last weekend, in Liberty, NC–beyond the wonderful pastoral setting–is the sea of tents dotting the landscape.


With over  375 dealers from 20 different states packing this 100 acre farm, there was no shortage of wonderful antiques and collectibles to choose from.


Walter had a booth full of fun conversation pieces.  Isn't this old seesaw the cutest thing?!


George–set up directly across from me–tempted me throughout the show with some of the most incredible antiques...like this wonderful little aqua chest.

It called to me for days.  I had to put my fingers in my ears just to silence its cries!  ; )


Carolyn made an offer to me on this old pie safe–from the NC Biltmore House–that I couldn't refuse.  Well, almost couldn't refuse.  Sorry, Carolyn.


When I saw this booth, I instantly thought of Cline's Antiques.  I didn't get a chance to talk to this vendor to find out where she buys for shows, but I suspect Cline's might be on her list.  What do you think?


If refined antiques is more your style, there were plenty of those as well.


This aqua canoe–in the front of this booth–was such a touch of whimsy, considering how polished everything else was.


Country farmhouse antiques and collectibles were the biggest sellers at this show.


The piece pictured below was from my booth.


I could have sold this piece at least thirty times the first day of the show.  Of course, I only had one of them to sell!

Well, the Yankee is pacing the floor waiting for me, because we need to leave for the next show.  So, stay tuned; I'll show you more terrific treasures when I return.

11 comments:

  1. If I were in your shoes I would be afraid that I'd buy more than I'd sell!!

    I love the pie safe and the canoe sure would be a conversation piece on our lake!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish that I could be there!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful antique fair...I wish Diane and I could come I bet your space is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you certainly do have some great stuff on sale. Am very envious.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you certainly have a lot of great stuff for sale. Very envious.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure wish that I was in the southeast to go to some of the sales you are showing...not much out here in SE AZ...but once I move to GA(mid-June)I will certainly hit the ground running!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel
    PS-I want that see saw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like alot of neat items there! Your pie safe is really nice! I can see why you friend made you an offer on it!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I posted a comment, maybe not though.:)
    Anyways, looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait til I get back to the east coast and can enjoy antique shows/flea markets.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel
    PS-I would have bought that see saw!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man I wish there were antique shows up here. What wonderful treasures!

    I would like to invite you to a birthday tea at my blog on May 7th. I'll be turning 25 this year and wanted to celebrate with my blogger friends. If you'd like to attend, you can check out my post about it here:
    http://goodmorninbeautiful.blogspot.com/2010/05/youre-invited-to-birthday-tea-party.html

    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Wish the fairs up here were of a similar quality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure wish I lived in NC! Looks like I could have easily spent the food budget money!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.